I was working on a project and a person asked me in so many words, what’s the point of a blogroll?
A blogroll can mean many things to many people. Here are a few things I use my blogroll for:
- A list of websites you have found to be useful
- A list of websites your visitors may found useful
- Links to your friends’ sites
- Links to your colleagues’ sites
- Links as a way to say thank you
In my opinion, one of the main ideals of having a blog is that of community. What better way to embrace that than to include some links. I have links to friends, clients and referrals in my blogroll who have helped me along the way.